Everyone recommends a dentist visit after every 6 months to ensure the health of your teeth and other tissues of your oral cavity. However, very few will tell you that should visit a cosmetic dentist too to ensure that your smile healthy, bright, and shining. Even if you get regular dental treatments for the correction of cavities and getting rid of a painful tooth, it is your smile that bears your self-image and your confidence.
We must not ignore our smiles and focus on improving them every day. Practicing teeth hygiene practices will keep your smile intact for ages. However, certain issues cannot be corrected using home remedies. There are common cosmetic dental procedures that can provide a solution to those areas of your smile.
You must look for an experienced Cosmetic Dentist New York City to get the best treatment for smile correction. You can visit Smile Arts of New York to experience a relaxed and stress-free dental consultation and know what kind of cosmetic procedure will best apply to your dental condition and how will it affect your smile.
Most popular cosmetic dental procedures
Before your appointment with the cosmetic dental surgeon, it will be a good idea to get to know some popular cosmetic procedures in brief so that you can get the most out of your discussion with your cosmetic dentist to plan the right procedure for you.
The 5 most common cosmetic dentistry procedures are:
- Teeth Whitening
- It is the most sought-after procedure in a cosmetic dental clinic.
- It involves a thorough cleaning of plaque followed by the application of a bleaching solution to get rid of stains and discolorations.
- This is done to replace missing teeth most aesthetically.
- It is a precise surgical procedure and must be done with expert hands only.
- A small screw is inserted surgically in the jawbone that provides the support necessary to keep the crown in place.
- Crown is placed on a later date once your tissues have healed and the screw is fused with the surrounding tissues.
- After an implant, no one will be able to recognize if it is your natural tooth or not.
- It is the realistic look that veneers provide to the teeth that makes them so popular.
- Veneer is a strong ceramic-based dental material that is used to fill gaps, correct cracked enamel, or change the appearance of crooked teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays
- These are cosmetic dental fillings to fill up cavities and decays.
- The materials most commonly used for this procedure are composites, porcelain, and some people even prefer gold.
- These fillings are not molded in the same visit when the decay is removed from your tooth.
- Instead, it is specifically created in laboratories to match your teeth perfectly.
- These fillings can be used even when enough tooth support is absent in which case the traditional method of filling will fail.
- Inlays are placed on the center of the tooth in which the cusp is intact.
- Onlays are more extensive and cover a larger area of the decayed tooth.
- It is a simple procedure used to cover up minor tooth defects and decays.
- A bonding agent is applied after the tooth is cleaned up and decays are removed.
- In the next step, your dentist will apply a composite material and shape it to perfectly match your tooth.
A visit to the cosmetic dentist could be a little more expensive than your regular dental visit because the materials used during these procedures cost more but also survive for longer in your oral cavity.